Tag: wear project
Time for an update on the Going to Battle label project I’ve been working on.
This was what my Momotaro Going to Battle labels looked like six months in. Now, two months and three washes later.
It is noteworthy to mention that a boat was captained while wearing these. Initially the jeans got soaked from the spray and the rain, but after the storm eased up they dried quickly in the wind and when dry (much to my liking), became rather wind proof. The skiff was pushed for all its clattering 35 horsepower Evinrud was worth, and still nothing permeated the protective layer of hardcore Japanese denim. Momotaro 1, The Elements 0.
These Momotaros have experienced no noticeable extra shrinkage after the initial washes. My Going to Battle labels were also dipped into the Baltic Sea nearby and given a little rub with sand after which they were left to dry out in the sun. The irregular blotches and lines at the front and back of the knees is from said sanding. The stacking abrasions at the hem have grown lighter. I discovered that the more the denim is washed the higher the contrast between the unbroken, unscathed indigo and the worn parts becomes. The jeans adduce more wear than tear, with only a slight rip at the hemline from cuffing.
First, I need to tell you about the jeans themselves, then you get to see the pictures. Patience. Or if you can’t wait any longer, go on, scroll down, just get back up here to finish the story to find out how they got the way they are now.
It’s been three months since I got my hands on a pair of Momotaro’s Going to Battle Labels and it’s only fair that you’ll be updated on my wear project. First, let’s take a look at what they looked like brand new: